Rocks of Sta. Maria: Shaped By Nature




Rock formations, blue green waters, white sand, and cool breeze: all of these in Sta. Maria.

That was 2006: I experienced riding an airplane for the very first time heading for Manila, conquered my fear and dealt with my...airplane ignorance. The same year, my childhood dream came to pass: I kissed the fogs in Baguio. And I felt serenity in La Union. And now, my trail continued.


I followed the trails of Sta. Maria...


After like 2.5 hours from Davao City, we reached the trail. Sta. Maria is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Davao del Sur, Philippines. It has like 22 barangays. It is a quiet and laid-back town. Fishing and farming are the livelihood of the locals. No malls, party places, and what not.


Though Sta. Maria is limited with the richness of modern living, but it is abundant with the trails of nature that trailblazers like me are devoted to unravel its pathways. Surprisingly when I went there, the resort just asked a Php 5.00 entrance fee, for maintenance that is.


The place was so overwhelming. I then embraced nature at its best. I was welcomed with the white sand beach. The blue green water was so inviting that I had no choice but to take a plunge. The rock formations were so amazing that I really dared to climb it.


I also asked a local boy who owned his own boat if I could rent it. I did for only Php 20.00, and the boating experience was very engaging. Such moment was captured and is part of the video below.


The Trail Impact:
Philippines has varied nature trails and discovering your own trail need not be expensive. We are like the rocks formed by nature, formed by time. Everyday, we face a lot of brokenness, but we need such, to be the best of who we are. All by God's grace.

"Ruin is a gift. It is the way for transformation" -Eat Pray Love, The Movie


What about you? Have you encountered amazing rock formations? Where was that? Share your trails and drop your comments below!


Your Trailblazer,
Dave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...