Mt. Puting Bato: Tayapoc Trail

Mt. Puting Bato was my 2nd peak. It is the highest peak of the Island Garden City of Samal or IGACOS. There are two popular trails to get there: the Tayapoc Trail and the Guilon Trail. I opted to take the Tayapoc trail in going up then the Guilon trail for the exit passing the Tagbitinao Camp.

As to the route, I took a barge from Davao City to Samal Island and paid Php 10.00. 

I then took a bus going to Penaplata and paid Php 40.00. I then took a single motorcycle or "habal-habal" going to the starting point of Tayapoc trail and paid Php 120.00 for 2 pax.



Tayapoc trail is an easy hike but is steeper than Guilon trail. It took me an hour to get on top as I commune with nature while climbing. 



If you are faster, you can make it for just about 30 minutes. Along the hike, I was embraced by the amazing views. Indeed, Mt. Puting Bato is a good trail for starters. Try it!





Happy trails,
Dave ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...